PhD student in graphene electronics with background in physics (nuclear, optics) and nano-engineering (photonics, perovskites, metamaterials). Avid independent budget traveler (EU, RUS), language learner (RU, ES, EO), radio amateur (DK2AX), juggler, guitarist/trombonist and blacksmith. Fascinated by nuclear physics, political philosophy, ecosystems, survival techniques, time-tested stories and all sorts of languages.
If you have 30 seconds, please take this language survey on Google Docs.
It is gathering data on the correlation between native and second languages and will help to answer questions such as How many people in the world can I speak with?.
- Physics 4.3k 4.3k 44 gold badges2323 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Travel 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 1k 1k 11 gold badge66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Politics 996 996 11 gold badge55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 803 803 22 gold badges44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 117 How to use public transport in Russia with limited Russian knowledge
- 105 Why is oil a better lubricant than water?
- 103 Why is embassy spelled with E but ambassador with A?
- 96 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 84 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 57 How to use public transport in Russia with limited Russian knowledge
- 50 Why is ice made from boiled water clear?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 10 '18