PhD student in graphene electronics with background in physics (nuclear, optics) and nano-engineering (photonics, perovskites, metamaterials). Avid independent budget traveler (EU, RUS), language learner (RU, ES, EO), radio amateur (DK2AX), juggler and guitarist/trombonist. Fascinated by nuclear physics, political philosophy, ecosystems, survival techniques, time-tested stories and all sorts of languages.
If you have 30 seconds, please take this language survey on Google Docs.
It is gathering data on the correlation between native and second languages and will help to answer questions such as How many people in the world can I speak with?.
- Physics 3.4k 3.4k 33 gold badges2222 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Travel 1.5k 1.5k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Politics 583 583 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 580 580 11 gold badge55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 543 543 22 gold badges33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 117 How to use public transport in Russia with limited Russian knowledge
- 100 Why is embassy spelled with E but ambassador with A?
- 99 Why is oil a better lubricant than water?
- 95 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 85 What can an independent election observer in Russia do if they notice irregularities?
- 57 How to use public transport in Russia with limited Russian knowledge
- 50 Why is ice made from boiled water clear?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 10 '18