I am a native English speaker who has studied several foreign languages, and who has earned meaningful reputation on SE (>1000) for several of them.
New York, New York
Member for 3 years, 7 months
27 profile views
Last seen Nov 1 at 5:41
- History 87.1k 87.1k 1212 gold badges200200 silver badges431431 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 18k 18k 55 gold badges4242 silver badges127127 bronze badges
- German Language 11.7k 11.7k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Chess 10.6k 10.6k 2424 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10.5k 10.5k 44 gold badges2626 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 94 Were there women who were against giving women the right to vote?
- 80 Is it true that there are more slaves in the world now than ever at one point in history?
- 74 Why China was able to unify and not Europe?
- 60 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 52 Is it ethical for a PI to tell university to pay out intern's salary for an extra month after internship ends, and keep the money?
- 51 Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- 48 Why did the French sell Louisiana?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (14)
12 Are questions about teaching language accepted? Apr 6 '16
6 Who should our moderators be? May 6 '16
3 Moderator Questionnaire May 25 '16
3 Are sign languages on-topic Apr 5 '16
1 Are questions about English learning on topic? Apr 16 '16