Stack Exchange awards badges to people who promote our site.
- The Announcer badge is awarded to anyone who shares a link to a question that is later visited by 25 unique IP addresses.
- The Booster badge is awarded to anyone who shares a link to a question later visited by 300 unique IP addresses.
- The Publicist badge is awarded to anyone who shares a link to a question later visited by 1000 unique IP addresses.
Each of these badges can be awarded multiple times. At the time of writing (August 2017), only one person on our site has been awarded a promoter badge.
I will create two answers to this question:
- one with a lists of the first ten people on our site who get an Announcer badge, and
- one with a list of the first ten who get a Booster badge.
How do you share a link to get one of the site promotion badge?
The link should be created be clicking on the
share link below a question or an answer. This will generate a link that contains your user ID, so the system can track who shared the link. For example, if I click on the
share link below this question, I get the following URL:
https://languagelearning.meta.stackexchange.com/q/573/800. The number
573 represents the question; the number
800 represents my user ID on Literature Stack Exchange. You can share this kind of link on social media or on other sites that get a lot of traffic.
(This question was inspired by Expatriates SE.)